Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 12

Sorry for the absence, the cold turned out to be a flu and it's been kicking my ass so hard. Noo energy whatsoever but still had so much to do... I wish I could just hibernate. Oh well, at least today I get to relax.

I sliced my hand yesterday while trying to chop some spinach to juice, under the influence of flu medicine. The wound is awful and deep and bled for hours through a ton of bandages and gauze. It finally stopped bleeding heavily, but it's now a gaping slice wound which really grosses me out. I was hoping it'd start to close up by the time I woke up today because I can't afford stitches. I'm just cleaning it often and putting anti bacterial gel, hoping it will close up before it becomes infected.

Ok, enough whinging! I have only lost probably 5 lb so far on this fast, unfortunately. But on my last fast, it also seemed to take a good 2 weeks before I noticed anything major. Also I have been drinking far too much coffee and probably not exercising enough. Once my flu is gone I'm gonna start increasing my juice intake so I can work out a bit more. I would like to keep going for 2 more weeks and hope I can shed another 10 lb at least.

You girls really keep me going when I just want to throw in the towel and say fuck it all. The comments, support and the mutual understanding we all have for each other.. it's really invaluable to me and I can't thank you enough for how amazing you all are.

Lots of love

xoxox

3 comments:

  1. I just ended a fast and I only lost 2 pounds!! :(

    I hope your wound heals, it sounds very serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm worried...
    That cut sounds serious...
    If i were you I'd get it looked at, cos if it gets infected then its just gonna cost you more anyway...
    Medicare should foot most of the bill, and some cuts just won't heal until they're stiched up...
    Sorry if this sounds like a lecture...
    It kinda happens when i get worried about people...
    Xx. Lillie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sweet girls. Since I posted, it has started to close up a bit and it looks much better than it did before. Thanks for your concern <3
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete