Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 1

Yeah, that's right, I ate yesterday.

I knew it was coming for a few days ("you've been fasting for weeks, what's one sandwich?"... oh, Ana, fuck you) and I should have been posting here for support, but ah well. I'm not tooo upset, because I never felt I'd been properly fasting this month anyway, due to my massive coffee intake, so I definitely need to start over with water only for a couple weeks. I lost about 7lb during this last one, though, so it was not entirely worthless... just MUCH less than a nearly 3 week 'fast' should have gotten me.

And I just HAVE to point out that I managed to eat last night without totally binging, which is a huge accomplishment for me. I mean, last time I broke a fast, I straight up ate like a fucking ravenous hippo for weeks. But the fact that it made me gain back about 10lb of the weight I had lost, definitely stuck in my mind and prevented me from falling into the same trap this time around. I ate: a falafel pita sandwich (with tahini, hot sauce, pickles and red pepper in it), about a cup and a half of tabouli, a bowl of cereal and of course, 4 laxatives for dessert.

Good thing I didn't keep shoveling food into my filthy mouth hole because when I went to go purge, I don't know WHY, but I just couldn't. I don't know why but I just didn't have it in me. I looked into the toilet and it was one of those moments I can't explain. But I am fairly sure, after about 5 trips to the bathroom so far this morning, that the handful of laxatives have well done their job. Thank fucking heavens for those little blue things.

So, no delays, no 'one more day of eating would be ok before starting a new fast', nothing. I am back in fasting mode and I'm ready to do it right this time. There's no reason in starving for weeks to barely lose any weight, so this time I am going to be so much harder on myself.

Here's to hopefully being 10lb thinner in two weeks.



Off to catch up on your blogs now... lots of love to all you beautiful people.

xoxoxoxo

7 comments:

  1. Pick yourself and dust yourself off. 'Atta girl!! I give you much respect for not allowing that sandwich to become a binge. Seriously. YOU ROCK.

    Slow and steady wins the race darling. You've done so much fasting that it probably wasn't too terrible to shock your body with some food. Never hurts to boost that metabolism a little.

    Be strong and stay with the workouts. And don't forget low cal protein shakes if you feel weak. No need in losing too much muscle along with fat. There are some great low carb protein powders/shakes that you can mix with water or soy milk for about 100-150 cals every other day.

    I'm love love lovin' you! :)
    xox,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mega amazed at your self control! Well done you!!
    Good luck with your fast!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much girls!! xoxo

    A - I appreciate the encouragement so much. I think my body probably could have used a bit of food and now it's also a great way to feel I can 'start over' with a better and more intense fast!

    Lots of love
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sandwich won't hurt ya. You are on a roll! Keep it up, girl! I wish I had that kind of self control to fast that much. I'm workin my way up. :)

    Keep it up, nothing can stop you now!!! You'll be down 10 before you know it!

    xoxo

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started reading your blog today, and went and looked at its history, and seriously...

    This is one of the most inspiring I've read. You really stick to your fasts, and when you do binge, you take care if it afterwards. Also, you actually seem to *care* about the people reading your blog. That's amazing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow thank you so much for these comments, they are all the motivation I need plus more. I really can't thank you enough.

    Lots of love :)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete