Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 7

Usually the fact that I am an OCD- ridden creature of extreme habit is a really bad thing... except when I'm fasting. When I'm fasting, I've realized, it's a time when I can take advantage of my other disorders... the ones where everything needs to be the same each day or I will become nervous and fall apart. I require habit and routine so badly that the fast, itself, becomes the ritual that I feel I need to pursue each day. If that makes sense. It probably doesn't. Anyways, I just meant I don't think I could make it through a fast without being such an obsessive, routine-based person.

So, I am at Day 7, one whole week on just water, juice and coffee. To go back now would just be shameful an inexcusable. I will go on for 2 more weeks at least. (After that, I'll probably need one more long term fast before summer to reach my UGW but for now I need to put all my energy into this one.)

Though I was cautious at the time, I learned so much during my last fast, in retrospect. I am not as nervous about getting through this one, just determined. I know I can get through this 21 days... at this point I just have to. I refuse to waste another year of my life weighing more than I want to and I'm so sick of the binging/restricting/purging/laxatives cycle of hell that I've had myself in for so long. I can no longer remain trapped inside myself.

Love you girls... much strength and love to you all.

xoxoxo

6 comments:

  1. as long as you stay positive you can do it. your strength amazes me to no end. good luck (though you probably wont need it)
    :)

    meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there sweetie!! Do you use twitter? Maybe we can use that to send more support to one another during the day.

    xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for the comment; as always, your words and your strength mean more to me than I can say. And yes, it *does* help to know that we can relate to one another; it appears that eating disordered mothers are definitely in the minority. I have a few good theories as to why that is, but I'll leave that for another post. ;)

    I'm definitely in your corner throughout this trial of your mind and body; no matter what, I'll be here, offering all that I can in support, love, and perspective til the end. <3

    Stay perfectly wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you girls so much! I had a really rough day today so it really warms my heart (and freezing body) to see your comments, I hope you know that. It really means the world to me, to be able to have a mutual understanding and support for each other during such a lonely disease.

    many hugs and much love and strength to you all

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops I forgot to add again : Ms. A - twitter seems like a good idea.. I should make one. I am so paranoid about being public but I suppose it could be just as guarded as a blog.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete