Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's that time again

A full-on fast is in order. Liquids only for the next 4 weeks. I will probably stick to my previous fasting formula, which was about a gallon of water per day, plus about 8oz of soy milk and the same amount of juice.

I don't know if I feel totally ready, but I have no choice... I'm just going to dive right into this one. I think, in the end, that it will help to lift me out of the emotional rut that recent events have put me in, and will help to bring me back to a more positive and peaceful state of mind. Not to mention I am long overdue to push through to my UGW.

It's almost dinner time and I haven't touched a piece of food since early yesterday, so I can consider today 'Day 1'. And if I can do one day, I can do 28. I have to remind myself this every day because I refuse to fail this time.

I miss the empty, I need it back.



Is anyone else fasting currently?

xoxoxo

5 comments:

  1. I fasted all day, until dinner time :p
    The stress monster snuck up on me.
    I have never actually made it more than three days anyway. I generally do better with restricting.
    I believe in you. You will do it!

    xoxo zen

    ReplyDelete
  2. im fasting tomorrow, but just for the day.

    i wish i had your willpower. i have never been able to fast successfully for a day, let alone a whole month. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many people have been taking leave of Blogger recently that I've stopped commenting, just keeping the worry inside. I'm sorry if it looks like I didn't love you! D:

    Have they caught the asshole yet? Go you need me to crank out the cricket bat and cow-raping gloves?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, love, I'm so glad you're back. I really am sorry to hear for the dreadful reason that you were missing...goodness, I hope you're okay from here on out. That's so scary... :( And it's okay that you're vague; you're right, you never know who could be reading, and you never can be too safe.

    Gah, you are SO my queen of fasting. You do it so well, and so consistently. Your sense of self-restraint and purpose are just so inspiring...always have been. I'm not fasting...I really am horrible at it, but I will certainly be sending you positive vibes and all kinds of mental support daily as you go through yours.

    Much love, beautiful...
    <3
    P.D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ zen - congrats on the fast :D if restricting works well for you, then that's really good. I am shit at restricting, I can't eat one bite without binging! Stay strong and thanks for the sweet comment xoxox

    @ polly - hope your fast went well! it is so difficult, I know. if you ever need to vent or talk, I am here! stay strong :) xoxo

    @ Peri - I'm really happy to hear from you dear! I know exactly what you mean about some of our fellow bloggers disappearing from time to time, for months at a time even... you're so right, and like you I also keep the worrying inside most times.

    LOL cow raping gloves sound spot on, btw.(and yeah, the police are on to him but he basically doesn't fear them so it's sort of scary and unpredictable! but seems he's fucked off now)

    so glad to hear from you... lots of love xoxox


    @ Ms. P.D. ;) - I misssed you soo much, I am so glad to be back and in touch with you girls again. ahhh <3

    I just spent some time catching up with your entries and let me give that compliment right back to you because YOU are so inspiring. you don't even know!!! I think of you so often and your strength and persistence. So much love!!!

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete